Last week we spoke about what it means to be a wife under what God has constituted. We learned that a wife’s role in marriage is so, so important and as such, we have been gifted with a tool that has the power to transform us, our husbands, our marriage, and our children. PRAYER.
Prayer is one of the most powerful ways you can love your husband. At its core, it’s the manifestation of faith. Prayer is crucial to Christians for a number of reasons:
It gives us access to God’s unlimited resources.
God is infinitely more wise, strong, helpful, intelligent, rich, creative, and intelligent than we are. When we pray, we have access to all of these things. We have direct access to Him through Christ.
References: Hebrews 4:16; Ephesians 2:18; Ephesians 2:13
We get to work together with Him in partnership.
The bible says that we are no longer slaves but friends with Christ. We now get to partner with God in His work. This means we get to partner with God in our marriages. We get to bounce ideas off of Him, create, and dream about what kind of marriage we want to have and these desires will have an impact on how He carries out His plans for each of our marriages. No relationship is complete without each partner and without God. While God created marriage, He gave us the creative expression within it and wants to see that flourish.
References: 2 Corinthians 6:1; Gensis 2:19
He hears every word you direct at Him.
Our prayers are never in vain. In fact, He tells us that until our very last breath, His ear will be inclined towards us. He desires to hear from us and longs to answer.
References: Paslm 116:2; Psalm 17:6; Proverbs 22:17
So, How Can You Pray for Your Husband?
- Pray for his relationship with God.
- Pray for him to have daily opportunities to touch someone’s life and to recognize those opportunities.
- Pray that he would perpetually grow into his roles as husband, father, and servant-leader.
- Pray for him to make wise choices.
- Pray for his health – spiritual, emotional, and physical.
- Pray for him to prosper, not just at work, but in everything that God places in his hands.
- Pray for his heart – that he be able to let go of past hurts and damage.
- Pray that God blesses him in ways beyond his imagination.
- Pray that he is wealthy in every aspect.
- Pray that God teaches you how to be there for him when he gets emotionally tired.
- Pray that through him, God will do greater miracles than have been done before.
The most powerful tool we have as partners of God is the ability to pray. No move of God has ever happened without prayer. Divine intervention necessitates human participation. When you pray for your husband, you are partnering with the most powerful force in heaven and earth. There are situations in which other people have access to God actions because you’ve prayed for them and you can do that for your husband. Whether he has a relationship with God or not, bridge that gap for him.Prayer is simply a conversation with God and He loves to hear from you. Ask God to teach you how to pray and what to pray for when it comes to your marriage and your husband. Through your prayers, He can see God every day of His life.
How have you seen God at work in your marriage as a result of praying for your husband? What specific prayers have been answered?